A dish of poached eggs cooked over a delicious tomato and onion sauce. It is an impressive breakfast dish that is super easy to make and perfect for any time of the day.
As you can see from the photo, for added protein content I added a few slices of lean beef. Chicken can be used as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
olive oil spray
1/2 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 large onion, chopped
1 large tomato, unpeeled and diced (or just use a 10oz can of ROTEL tomatoes)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
Sea salt + Ground Pepper (to taste)
On medium heat, spray some olive oil (or coconut oil) in a flat pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes to your sauted onion and garlic and cook for 5 another minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After the tomato and onion are done, add the 6 eggs to the pan. Do it carefully, so that the egg yolks do not break.
- Gently stir the egg whites in the pan so that they mix with the tomato sauce and cook.
- Cover the pan and let the eggs cook for about a minute or so on medium heat.
Before serving, season the eggs with salt and pepper, and add chopped cilantro or green onions on top.