Here’s a salad that won’t leave you feeling deprived and hungry 1 hour later.
- One chicken breast
- Mixed Greens (make your own mix or use prepackaged) – amount doesn’t matter. The moar the better:)
- 1/4 cup of roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- a small handful of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill Dip
I usually cook all the chicken breasts ahead of time. Prior to that I marinade them in lemon juice for 30 mins or so). That way I cut down of the actual prep for my salads. Once I warmed up the chicken breast,I cut it up and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Voila!
If you just bought some fresh chicken breast, marinate it for 30 minutes in the fridge, then cook it all the way through in the skillet or George Forman grill. Let it cool first before adding to the greens, or they will wilt.
So there you have it – lean protein, lots of greens and some healthy fats.