Here are some options you can choose for healthy “snacking” as opposed to hitting the vending machine at work. My goal for these was for them to be fast and easy so the “excuses bus” can leave town and never come back again!
1) Ants on a log- Celery stalks with natural peanut butter and raisins sprinkled on top.
2) Hummus and veggies of any sort (carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumber, etc.)
3) 6-8 large frozen cherries thawed for 1/2 hr. Two big spoonfuls plain Greek yogurt and sprinkle with slivered almonds. When the cherries thaw they make juice which naturally sweetens the yogurt.
4) Protein super shakes- almond milk (unsweetened) frozen fruit (berries, mango, ½ banana, etc but don’t go crazy on the amount) spinach (yes I said spinach, trust me you won’t taste it) nut butter of your choosing (I like almond butter) and 25-30g of your favorite protein powder. Blend and enjoy! You can also throw in things like chia seeds or ground flax too.
5) Baked Kale Chips……place kale on baking sheet…sprinkle with a little olive oil and sea salt and bake 8 to 12 min. in a 400 degree oven….
6) Hard boiled eggs
7) Uncured turkey bacon. We will make a whole batch and keep it in the refrigerator and snack on it on demand.
8) Peanut butter and an apple.
9) Piece of fruit and handful of almonds, cashews, or nut of your choice .
10) SeaSnax roasted seaweed.
11) Guac and veggies (notice chips and crackers are nowhere to be found on this list)
3 medium avodados skin and core removed, 1 medium tomato chopped, 1 tsp lemon juice, ¼ salt
All recipes are encouraged to include a “can do” attitude and an earnest desire to change. Keep pressing toward the mark. Thanks for our Raw Fitness community for contributing their great ideas. We appreciate you!