Cake-in-a-Mug, Brownie-in-a-Mug, some other “Empty-Calorie-in-a-Mug” … Why not Omelette-in-a-Mug?
Chances are high that all of the ingredients below are in your possession already. All you need is 5 minutes to throw them together.
2 to 3 eggs (or just 1 egg and 3 egg whites for higher protein:fat ratio)
1-2 Tbsp of meat, diced (I used ham in todays omelette, but you can also use frozen turkey sausage)
1 Tbsp of salsa
a small handful of fresh spinach, chopped
1 Tbsp shredded cheese
olive oil or cooking spray
salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork
- Add diced meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds until eggs are set The more liquid the more microwave cycles)
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper