Here are some of the Personal Trainer’s advice on how you can increase your daily activity by adding a few small habits especially when you feel overwhelmed.
What is your gut reaction if you get overwhelmed?
Is it, A: To close everyone off and hide in a dark corner?
Or, B: Do you step back, take a breath, and figure out how to deal with the problem?
If you answered A‘’, you’re not alone, but this blog is for you. I want you to know that YOU are capable of “doing hard things.” Remember, every setback is a setup for a comeback, and you are a comeback champion.
Ok, so now that you believe you can accomplish whatever difficult situation life hands you with today, let’s give you some practical advice that you can put into play right now when it comes to your health and fitness.
Here are a few tips on how you can increase your daily activity by adding a few small habits:
If you are particularly overwhelmed about just getting to a personal training gym,
- Park your car farther away than normal when you get to work or the grocery store. Every step really does count!
- Take the stairs! Pretend the elevators are broken at least once a day and you’ve got no other choice but to take the stairs.
- Get up and MOVE (10 squats/jumping jacks/push-ups…) when you’re watching TV, on commercials, or at least every 30 minutes.
If eating healthy, meal prep, and nutrition, in general, overwhelms you, here’s what I would do:
- Understand that we all started somewhere in our learning journey. Changing habits takes education, and you’re on the right course to learn how to take control of your meals. Give yourself time to learn, and never stop learning.
- A lot of us struggle to get breakfast in the morning. I know that I need to have something ready to grab as I’m on the way out the door because I like to sleep until the very last moment possible. One of my go-to, easy, AND healthy breakfasts is egg muffins. Prep them on a Sunday, then pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds and you’re good to go. That recipe is in our E-Book of Recipes.
- Ask For Help! We are here as your guides through this health and wellness journey. We weren’t born with all the answers, and neither were you. So, let us teach you what we’ve learned, and maybe you can teach us something in return 🙂
Take a few deep breaths and pause a moment. I know it sounds silly, but it works. It really helps to re-prioritize your problems and find solutions. I once had a manager that told me: “Come to me with any problem, but I hope you have an idea for a solution.” What I took from that was that I actually might have some idea of what to do, and I was strong and smart enough to prioritize a solution. Remember, you can do the hard things life that has in store.
You’re now ready to take on the day and tackle whatever life throws at you!