If you eat veggies naked, do you burn more calories that way?
And by ‘naked’ I mean … eating them raw, without any dip or dressing:) The answer is: probably not. Today I have a recipe of a dip that is very easy to make and tastes great!
But first, to answer the most-asked question by parents: How to get your kids to eat healthy foods?
Answer: Don’t tell them it’s ‘healthy’! Unless, you have one that really cares about health and does an in depth research of the ingredients of all her/his foods:)
- 1 red bell pepper. deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup of chives (or 1 green onion)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar (my secret ingredient) LOL
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine red onion and red chili pepper in the food processor (you can use Ninja or Magic Bullet) till nice and fine.
- Add red bell pepper and tomatoes to food processor and blend till desired consistency. Some like a bit more chunk to it, some like it fine.
- Empty the blended contents into a bowl and season to taste.
- For another flavor dimension and a bit of color add chives (or green onions) to the mix.
- Add Natalia’s ‘secret ingredient’ – vinegar
- Mix everything lightly with a spoon and serve. Instead of chips choose veggies. Enjoy!